Delivering The Pizza!!

OK...so did that title peak your interest?! What does 'delivering the pizza' have to do with praying for leaders? Well, I'm so glad you asked!

As an intercessor, when I'm asked to pray for a leader, I'm usually asking God to speak to them,or show them what He's wanting them to do. I also often ask the Lord to let me be a confirmational voice  - I try very hard NOT to be directional ( and I'll explain that why later).  Often I will also ask God to 'give me something' for them - that's where getting words, scriptures or pictures, comes in! This is what I teach people to do with what they 'get'.

When you feel you have received something for a leader, the best thing you can do is just 'deliver it' with no strings attached.  By that I mean, don't interpret it for them, give them your take on it . Just give it to them, and encourage them to ask God what He's saying to them through it. I liken this to 'delivering pizza'.

 When I order a pizza, the delivery guy brings it to my house, receives  payment and leaves. He doesn't stand around and watch me eat the pizza. He doesn't stand around and ask if I like it, or if he can have a piece too. He doesn't ( or shouldn't) stand around and ask for a tip. He delivers it, and leaves and heads back to the 'office' to get another pizza to deliver elsewhere. THAT'S how intercessors should deliver words to Leaders.  Now...before I get inundated with emails saying differently, let me say that there are always exceptions to the rule - where God has given you the interpretation of a picture or something like that - BUT those are exceptions and should not be the norm.
When you have a 'word' for a leader, you need to 'deliver it', and let them eat it/enjoy it without you standing over their shoulder asking if they liked it, 'got it'...or if it means anything to them. Deliver it and leave! ...and go back to 'head office' for the next pizza!
Too many times I've heard leaders say they don't know how to work with intercessors who want to give them 'words', but seem to 'own' them at the same time. What does that mean? Well, simply this - if you are 'owning' a word, it means that you are giving it but not releasing it  - you want or need acknowledgement or affirmation that it means something to the Leader, and you are not going to leave til you get it! (That's like waiting for a tip with your hand out!!) Other times Intercessors need the pastor/leader to acknowledge that it was their word that the pastor got on Sunday...or it was their scripture that the pastor/leader was referring to in his message - ' I gave that to him!'...Nope! Remember, it's just your job to deliver the word, (deliver the pizza) and go! You're part of the job was to get the 'pizza' to them. Whether they like it or not...whether they acknowledge your part in it or not, doesn't matter! Just give them the 'pizza' and go!

Think about it!  When you order a pizza, are you concerned with the pizza that comes or the guy that delivered it? Do you remember the pizza and how good, or not good it was? Or do you stand around and say, ' Wow! That delivery boy was amazing! I just can't believe what a great delivery guy he was! He just really knew how to deliver that pizza to me. '...or do you say, ' That was quick service, thank you!'...and then turn your attention to the pizza!  The pizza is the focus...not the delivery guy!

So....deliver your words with no strings attached! ....Thank God that you get to be a part of bringing something that encourages or edifies the leaders you pray for. AND REMEMBER, that God is the one who keeps tracks of our deliveries! He's the one who acknowledgement and affirmation that we want to hear ;' Well done, good and faithful servant'!..

Next week...let's talk about BAD DELIVERIES!....I've got my own stories of words that were given to me 'badly'...and stories of words I delivered badly! ( Ouch!!)...If you have some you'd like to share too, email me! I'd love to hear from you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why a Prayer Shield...?

For Leaders wanting a Prayer Shield...